Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Single Silverstripe installation / multiple websites - possible ?

Go to End

2 Posts   1821 Views

davcomnz

Community Member, 3 Posts

15 April 2010 at 9:49pm

I have done some searching through the forums but as when I first came across SilverStripe many months ago and couldn't find the answer then (and stopped using SilverStripe), I still can't find a definitive response showing how SilverStripe would manage multiple separate websites.

Can anyone provide a straightforward description on how (or even whether) a single installation of Silverstripe can manage my (very small) companies website, and that of a couple of friends (very small) businesses ? Does/can SilverStripe maintain separate 'profiles' that would allow this and switch between them easily ?

I'm not a web developer at all but am keen to consider using SilverStripe for maintaining my website & a couple of others, without needing "separate virtual environments" as I keep reading as a possible solution. I don't relish the thought of having to install SilverStripe as many times as the number of websites I'd like to look after.

Thanks in advance.

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

15 April 2010 at 11:57pm

Hi!

I’ve done exactly what you describe. Have you followed this thread? In my case, I had to modify Core.php to make it work with the latest beta.

Maybe the subsites module is what you need, I don’t know about it. You should find answers in the above-mentioned thread.

Hope it helps,
Juan