Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Subsites & Translatable - Any experiences?

Go to End

3 Posts   1972 Views

Quarx

Community Member, 12 Posts

16 April 2010 at 11:38pm

I'm going to use subsites with ss2.4 very soon and in 4...12 months I will need translations for my sites.
So I wonder if the combination Subsites + Translatable is doable. I recall subsites adds separate SiteTree for each site while Translatable adds two columns for the Page to distinguish between language versions. So I guess theoretically they should work well together. Anyone tried to use those two modules at the same time? If they don't cooperate well I need to figure out other solution and it's probably better to think it through even before I start using subsites..

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

28 September 2010 at 3:35am

Edited: 28/09/2010 3:37am

Although Subsites generally works with translatable in SS 2.4.1, it is not a good implementation.
1. Subsites does absolutly no validation when creating new Subsites.
2. Deleting a Subsite does not delete related Pages/Subdomains in Database. Your Database will bloat over time.

Sequoia

Community Member, 5 Posts

24 November 2010 at 4:26am

Bump this, and has anyone successfully used these two together? I'm sure there are gotchas and I'd love to hear about them. :)

@dompie re: point (2) is bloat an issue specifically with deleting/creating subsites, or when using the site in general? I plan on having 2 subsites, no more no fewer, and I don't foresee adding/deleting any. Thanks!