Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

/public_html/.htaccess

Go to End

Hillcrest

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 April 2010 at 2:19am

I am getting this error message on the silverstripe installation screen...

User 'nobody' needs to be able to write to this file:
/home3/monorala/public_html/.htaccess

The file is currently owned by 'monorala'. There is no user-group that contains both the web-server user and the owner of this file. Change the ownership of the file, create a new group, or temporarily make the file writeable by everyone during the install process.

I have checked in my cpannel and this file is not there, I know Im new at this so it is probably a simple fix.
I checked the forums and it says something about this file possibly being hidden.
Ok so now what? There were two other file problems where I had to find the file and change the permissions to allow the screen to say ...
cms/ folder exists OK
jsparty/ folder exists OK

These were easy I followed the file names and then changed the permissions "simple" and got a green ok on the installation screen, now this?

Help im stuck
also Im getting a orange line warning under the Memory allocated (PHP config option 'memory_limit') SilverStripe needs a minimum of 32M allocated to PHP, but recommends 64M. You only have 32M allocated
Is this a problem also? its an "orange"warning not red like the other so maybe I dont need to worry....

Hillcrest