Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Files and Images Upload

Go to End

2 Posts   1153 Views

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

6 May 2010 at 6:27am

Suddenly, when I go to upload a file using Files and Images>Add Files... the file appears to upload, but no matter what the file name is, the files gets named "new file", and doesn't work when linked to. This is a sudden failure of the feature not working, it worked yesterday. Only thing different was that I tried to upgrade to 2.4, but had to regress because the CMS would not open using 2.4. Can anyone enlighten me as to if/why this may corrupt the File and Images section of the CMS?

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

4 September 2010 at 4:20pm

I'm having a similar issue with ss 2.4.1. Don't know whats causing it

All I've found out is when the FileIframeField tries to submit the file, it seems to return a 301 error
www.mysite.com/admin/EditForm/field/Gallery/item/12/DetailForm/field/Image/EditFileForm returns 301

I've been venting on the thread
http://silverstripe.org/hosting-requirements/show/291336?start=0#post291554#post291554