Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to move users between groups?

Go to End

5 Posts   2244 Views

Tama

Community Member, 138 Posts

12 May 2010 at 12:29pm

We've setup External Authentication on our test website which will mean any of the staff on our Active Directory will be able to logon to the CMS Admin section. I've set it up so they are automatically added to a group with only basic read access.

I then want to be able to move some select users to groups that allow write permissions etc.

The problem is I can't work out how to move a user between groups in the Security tab. I must be overlooking something really obvious but after some head scratching, Googling and reading of the Silverstripe book I still can't work out how to do it.

If someone could tell me how to move a user from one group to another it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tama

Tama

13 May 2010 at 4:04pm

No answers? Is it not possible to move users between groups?

Tama

18 May 2010 at 10:42am

A quick bump here. I'm getting a sinking suspicion that it's currently not possible to move users between groups.

Can someone please confirm or deny?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

18 May 2010 at 12:36pm

It is possible, but how you do it depends on your version.

Pre 2.4, you had to add the use details as a new line in the security group.

With 2.4 you can open the user record, go to the Groups tab and select the groups the user should be in.

Tama

18 May 2010 at 1:53pm

Thanks Hamish, I had been missing the "Groups" tab but now we've got the code properly upgraded to 2.4 it's all good.

Cheers
Tama