Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Site migration from subfolder to public_html

Go to End

3 Posts   1341 Views

kondor

Community Member, 9 Posts

19 May 2010 at 8:00am

Edited: 19/05/2010 8:02am

Hi ,

A simply question.

If I got a Silverstripe Site in the subfolder on the server (eg. www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite), and all links automatically started with this www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite (www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite/myhome, www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite/mygallery etc)

and now if I want to move all this files, for example to public_html folder to have the access to the site with simply www.mydomain.com, than what should I change, and where ( if should something to be changed ) to get the url like
(www.mydomain.com/myhome, www.mydomain.com/mygallery etc

Thanks for your Answers
KOndor

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

19 May 2010 at 10:30am

Silverstripe is URL independent. Its not like a system like Wordpress where you have hardcoded URLs in the database or a config file. As long as you haven't used any absolute URL's in your content area or your theme/classes, you should be fine to transfer your sites location.

As part of our development process, I regularly have one Silverstripe project in 3 or 4 locations, if it wasn't URL independant, I would have a nightmare moving between locations :s.

Hope that helps,

Mo

kondor

Community Member, 9 Posts

19 May 2010 at 8:32pm

Hi @Mo,

yes indeed that helps :)

Thank you for your Answer

Kondor