I guess I really need some help here,cause it's driving me nuts... I never had this problem with 2.3 versions, but it's happening since 2.4. Navigation-links on sites coming from my server just won't work in IE6. I click a link, get a white screen, reload and the page displays. Typing urls by hand works fine. Again - only with 2.4 sites...
I must be missing some setting somewhere - the same setup works on my other hosting provider. This is what I did sofar (in every possible combination):
- made multiple clean default installs of 2.4 and 2.3.7 using the same domain/virtual host
- removed everything from the page header but the metatag in the page template, removed the body as well...
- set my server to en_US utf-8, just to be sure, to ISO-8859-1 and back again
- set the default locale in php.ini to utf-8, and back to nothing
- set apache default locale to utf-8 and back to nothing.
- checked the http headers - no difference between the 2.4 and the 2.3.7 install
- checked all available logs. The request is made, the page is sent
- saved all pages to html and let them link to each other - works fine
- set <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" /> (Makes it work)
- moved the tag to the top of the header - no luck
- removed it: works fine...
- Uploaded the same website to my other hosting provider, and there it works fine. Only difference in the header: Vary: Accept-Encoding (missing there)
It looks like IE6 gets to the part where it processes the metatag, then does some internal redirect and hangs on that. I succeeded in letting Silverstripe adding some content to the header just to check: the text before the <meta http-equiv... shows, the bit after doesn't...
If anyone wants to check it out: http://hekeltje.balbus.tk
What am I missing... any suggestions? Please?