Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Site Title and Site Tagline displayed when removed from the CMS

Go to End

3 Posts   1530 Views

Larry7

Community Member, 21 Posts

28 May 2010 at 9:24am

Edited: 28/05/2010 11:41am

I just created a new site with SS 2.4. I just used the basic theme and inserted a site title and site tagline to show up at the top of the site. This works fine.

I then installed a theme (Charity) and that works fine also. But I wanted to use the theme as a basis for a new one so replaced the header.jpg with an image I had created. This image contains the words and messages I had in my original Site Title and Site Tagline so I removed from them the CMS.

However when this this theme is displayed that text still displays under the graphic.

Yet when I switch the theme back to the blackcandy default, the words don't appear at all. I have looked at browser caching, used a different machine but I can't get those words to not display when using the Charity theme.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

The screen shots show the problem.

In the CMS you can see the Title just has the word Title. There is no site tagline. Yet on the site itself in the banner, the words in white on the left are displayed (they used to be the Title and Tagline) and they are not part of the image.

Thanks for any assistance.

Larry

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 May 2010 at 1:31pm

The title and tagline text could be coming from the template and not the site config panel. Most of the themes were developed pre 2.4 which added the site config panel (so previously people had hardcoded the values in the theme)

Larry7

Community Member, 21 Posts

28 May 2010 at 2:20pm

I had thought of that but the site and tagline were things I entered in the CMS myself when I first setup the site. They displayed fine with the default template.

But when we decided to add the text to the image and not use the CMS, I deleted those lines from the CMS. However for some reason they display when using the Charity template but not using the default template (the new text I put in the CMS displays). That's the part I can't understand.