Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

css?m=xxx

Go to End

5 Posts   3528 Views

nat.pike

Community Member, 21 Posts

2 June 2010 at 12:29pm

Hi there, We have our site loaded on a development site which is working fine. When we upload it onto the live site some of the css and js aren't working correctly? I have noticed the css?m= numbers at the end of the css & js files are different from the development site?

Does this matter? When I change the css on the site nothing happens?

Could someone please point me in the right direction, thank so much.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 June 2010 at 1:47pm

This is a number based on the creation time of the file (useful for caching / refreshing the cache when its updated. The query string does nothing to effect the actual filepath.

Does this matter? When I change the css on the site nothing happens?

This is what the ?m value is meant to fix. Try when you make a change to a hard refresh (ctrl + f5 if your on windows).

To disable the ?m suffix you can set Requirements::set_suffix_requirements(false); in your _config file.

nat.pike

2 June 2010 at 2:04pm

Hi Willr thanks for clarifying that for me.

The problem we have is we have a jquery photo slide show that works on the development site but not on the live site? And some css isn't working either? I have changed the css and it doesn't change.

I have tried to disable the suffix but then the site disappears.

I have done a flush, empty cache and refresh but nothing.

Does this sound like a caching issue or path issue? or something completely different.

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 June 2010 at 2:09pm

The problem we have is we have a jquery photo slide show that works on the development site but not on the live site

Do you get any javascript errors on the live site? Its likely the JS is the issue rather than the CSS. Got a link to the page?

nat.pike

2 June 2010 at 2:17pm

Thanks for this :)

The live site is:

http://awningsystems.addweb.co.nz/

The development site is:

http://awningsystems.co.nz/

The slide show on the home page works on the development site but not the live site?

Cheers