Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

BLANK LOGIN PAGE

Go to End

4 Posts   1459 Views

servalman

Community Member, 211 Posts

2 July 2010 at 3:34am

Hello

I was doing minor changes to my vebsite (template mostly) and suddenly after a ?flush=all I now get to see a blank page on login page .

I then cheked my php error log and this what I got :

[Thu Jul 01 17:22:45 2010] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-vhosts-xxxxxxx.com-httpdocs-test_lg/.cache.var.www.vhosts.xxxxxxx.com.httpdocs.test_lg.themes.blackcandy.templates.Page.ss on line 70

I'm know trying to correct this line 70 but I can't fine any because my Page.ss or Page.php doesn't go that far .

Does anyone have a clue ?

thank you

Thomas

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 July 2010 at 4:43pm

Don't take the line number seriously, this would be the compiled line number rather than the file line number. I suggest you remove parts of your Page.ss template until it works again. Once it starts working you'll know what code is causing the error.

TotalNet

Community Member, 181 Posts

2 July 2010 at 6:57pm

Just curious ... would adding ?showtemplate=1 to the URL show the correct line number as reported in the PHP log?

I've yet to use this when it's actually needed.

Shauna G

Community Member, 52 Posts

3 July 2010 at 3:31am

Check your template for syntax errors. Make sure all tags are closed, all variables are marked correctly, and all quotes are the correct ones (none of those "smart quotes" if you've copied code from anywhere) and closed with matching quotes.

If you're using a program that highlights code, you can usually set it to recognize .ss files as HTML, which will provide code highlighting for the parts it recognizes, making it easier to spot errors.