Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

tinyMCE keeps turning my Quicktime videos into broken Flash Objects

Go to End

5 Posts   3082 Views

Vertigo187

Community Member, 1 Post

28 August 2010 at 11:29am

I am using SilverStripe 2.4.1. It doesn't seem to matter what I do tinyMCE always strips my quicktime videos down to a flash object. I have a client that insists that his videos be Quicktime for the iPhone and iPad. As you can see below I've added the media plugin, and it doesn't matter if I add it through that or HTML.

This is the code I'm trying to put in:

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="540" height="376" >
<param name="src" value="assets/movs/AU-3.mov" >
<param name="autoplay" value="true">QuickTime Movie
<embed src="assets/movs/AU-3.mov" type="image/x-macpaint"
pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download" width="540" height="376" autoplay="true">QuickTime Movie</embed>
</object>

If I add it via HTML and than reopen the HTML window it's stripped to this:

<object width="540" height="376">
<param name="src" value="assets/movs/AU-3.mov"/>
<param name="autoplay" value="true"/>
<embed type="video/quicktime" width="540" height="376" src="assets/movs/AU-3.mov" autoplay="true"/>
</object>

If I add it via the media plugin and open up the HTML there is this:

<object width="540" height="376">
<param name="src" value="assets/movs/AU-3.mov" /><embed type="video/quicktime" width="540" height="376" src="assets/movs/AU-3.mov">&nbsp;</embed>
</object>

As soon as I hit save and publish it turns into flash object. With the proceeding HTML being what's live and if I save again or look at the HTML it's reduced to this:

<object width="540" height="376" data="assets/movs/AU-3.mov" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="src" value="assets/movs/AU-3.mov" />
</object>

I have tried everything I can find on the forum. These are all the different settings in the /mysite/_config.php I've tried:

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOption('apply_source_formatting', 'false');
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOption('verify_html', 'false');
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOption('valid_elements', 'all the elements needed plus what ever is used throughout the site ');

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('../sapphire/thirdparty/tinymce/plugins/media');
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->insertButtonsAfter('charmap', 'media');

Please let me know if you have any insight as to why it is behaving like this. This is really frustrating. Thanks

wmk

Community Member, 87 Posts

7 September 2010 at 11:09pm

Yes, this is very frustrating. Same here, SS 2.4.1 and the embed code for adding a mms url is stripped all the time.

I noticed, that it's saved right one time, on reloading the page SS sends the original code including <embed>, but tinymce somehow seems to strip the <embed> out of the code. Annoying.

And yes, i enabled the media plugin and added embed to extended_valid_elements

Anyone a hint?

Hankster

Community Member, 14 Posts

6 May 2011 at 6:09am

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I'm wondering whether anyone got this working? I, too, would like to embed a quicktime file into my website. I'm using 2.4.5

ignaciorvc

Community Member, 1 Post

14 July 2011 at 4:57am

Hi - I'm pretty much a newbie - and am having the same problem. I'm using 2.4.5, has anyone come across a fix to embed quicktimes?

Gemmelai

Community Member, 3 Posts

29 August 2011 at 6:04am

Hi

I need my video in mp4 or .mov format in order for it to be viewable in apple devices.
Does anyone know how to do this, desperately need help!

Thanks in advance