Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Weired upload permission behaviour

Go to End

2 Posts   1157 Views

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

25 August 2010 at 9:07pm

Edited: 25/08/2010 9:09pm

Hello everyone,

i have a strange problem on file upload permissions. On my development files are created with 0744 permissions and folders also with 0744 permissions.

On live system somehow files are created with 0600 and folders (correctly) with 0755. The create mask in sapphire/filesystem/Filesystem.php seems do be ignored somehow.
For some reason the settings from Filesystem.php seems to be ignored, no matter weather i write 02775 (original value) or 0775.

I have read something about open_basedir bug, but on my systems open_basedir value is empty. Any hints how to fix this problem? I'm running SS2.4.1 on ubuntu with apache.

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

25 August 2010 at 9:36pm

Changing foler_create_mask and file_create_mask to 0755 fixes this behaviour on development system, but does not resolve the issue on live where files still being created with 0600.