Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't Login to Admin

Go to End

3 Posts   2729 Views

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

11 August 2010 at 5:47am

I'm working on a site and last night all was good, but today the login fields disappeared. Check it out at www.westwindwood.net/admin

I still have the message that says to Enter email address and password, but the actual fields are just gone. I didn't do any adjustments to the CMS last night.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

gman

Community Member, 11 Posts

12 August 2010 at 7:43am

My authentication simply "broke," I went from being able to login to not being able to login using the admin email and password. I have been playing with LDAP settingas, but one would think that LDAP setting should not impact the database login.

So I'm nto sure what to do. Since I'm only testing at this point, not a big deal. But this does cause me to hesitate to use SilverStripe in a production environment if authentication breaks out of the blue.

ttyl

Community Member, 114 Posts

18 August 2010 at 4:36am

Add a global login account

Security::setDefaultAdmin($username, $password)

You can use this method to hard-code an administrative login into the system. This can be useful where you're developing a number of sites for various clients, and want to install your own access details into the system. The login created doesn't appear in the security area of the CMS, so it can't be deleted. When you use this username and password, you will be logged in as one of the other access accounts in the system.

http://doc.silverstripe.org/security

http://www.google.com/search?q=silverstripe+reset+admin