Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Translated content -> Page blank

Go to End

3 Posts   988 Views

oleze

Community Member, 65 Posts

8 August 2010 at 5:54am

When I click on my "show this page in English" button, I get only blank pages. My German translations (standard) are working fine.
PHP Logs the following error:

[07-Aug-2010 19:50:17] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function XML_val() on a non-object in /private/var/folders/zi/ziF2WYoKHjuWeyujYsvSBU+++TI/-Tmp-/silverstripe-cache-Users-username-Sites-project/.cache.Users.username.Sites.project.themes.themename.templates.Page.ss on line 119

But because there are layoutspecific details and includes, there is no line 119 on Page.ss

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

8 August 2010 at 6:12am

What version of SS are you using and is it in "dev" mode?
I've been having strange errors with the word cache in lately - they all disappear once the site is "live".

oleze

Community Member, 65 Posts

8 August 2010 at 6:32am

I'm using 2.4.1 in dev-mode. Actually, I figured what's the problem. I'm using the CustomMenus Module for adding a topnavigation on my page. Seems it doesn't support the translation, when I comment it out, the pages show up. Damn.