Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Debug modeladmin import

Go to End

9 Posts   3517 Views

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

30 July 2010 at 4:07am

Anyone know the best way to do this? I am just getting a "loading" screen staying indefinitely, no erros, nothing :s.

Cheers,

Mo

Mo

30 July 2010 at 4:09am

Oh yea, using SS 2.4.0.

Mo

30 July 2010 at 10:42pm

Any ideas on this? I am using and extension of CsvBulkLoader, as explained in the SS Book, but the upload just isn't working?

Anyone else here actually use this functionality?

Mo

31 July 2010 at 2:18am

Ok, I did a bit more research on this, looks like it may have been an issue with 2.4.0, I have now upgraded to 2.4.1 and things seem to be a bit nicer.

Fingers crossed...

Mo

Mo

10 August 2010 at 4:36am

Ok, 2.4.1 is kind of working, but it seems to be importing dates rather oddly. Nearly 50% of the events have a date of First of January 1970 (unix epoch).

I cannot for the life of me work out why, as all the dates in the CSV are in the same format.

Anyone got any ideas? I really wouldn't mind knowing how to debug processes like this. There isn't a lot of info in the silverstripe book.

Thoughts?

Mo

adiwidjaja

Community Member, 14 Posts

24 August 2010 at 12:05am

Whew, thanks for your post that the non-working import is a 2.4.0-issue. I spent some hours seeing nothing. Did you solve your date issue, maybe I can help you with that... what format does the dates have? I once had an issue that day and month were swapped by the importer (not silverstripe, not even php) and the illegal dates (01/17/2010) were set to 01/01/1970.

Andy

Mo

13 September 2010 at 11:19pm

Not really sure what was happening to be honest. In the end, I just told the client to export their dates in the CSV to the default database format (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS).

Working fine now, Not really sure what was causing it, but I think it is similar to what you are saying adiwidjaja, id didn't seem to be a SIlverstripe or PHP error. Very odd.

Mo

bunheng

Community Member, 78 Posts

5 October 2010 at 11:30pm

HI,

Could you please kindly check the attachment file, I thought the custom menus i just installed not working properly, honestly i don't why. While i want to update and change menus it also changes the pages also.

Please help.

Attached Files
Go to Top