Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

/dev/build/ creating a duplicate column

Go to End

6 Posts   1889 Views


Community Member, 25 Posts

16 July 2010 at 6:24am

After moving my project from my development machine (Windows) to my web server (Linux) I ran into the common tablename issue because Windows makes all tablenames lowercase. I fixed this by modifying my dump file and replacing all the tablenames with proper TableName schema Silver Stripe uses.

Anyways, after doing that the site worked fine.

Now there are duplicates of each table in the db. For example: sitetree and SiteTree

However, after adding new page templates and running /build/dev/ i get the following error:

[User Error] Couldn't run query: ALTER TABLE "SiteTree" ADD "HomepageForDomain" varchar(100) character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci, CHANGE "ClassName" "ClassName" enum('SiteTree','Page','Forum','ForumHolder','ArticleHolder','ArticlePage','ContactPage','HomePage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' Duplicate column name 'HomepageForDomain'

I have all the proper permissions to alter the table so permissions arent the issue.

It seems for whatever reason it is trying to create a duplicate column name "HomepageForDomain" in the SiteTree table.

What the hell is going on?


Community Member, 25 Posts

16 July 2010 at 3:05pm

bump... c'mon guys I need your help


Community Member, 253 Posts

17 July 2010 at 10:25am

This is almost definately a windows -> linux problem

The best thing to do is just make a dump of your windows DB, import it to linux, apply the patch (linked below) and it should be all fine.

See this patch:


Community Member, 63 Posts

17 July 2010 at 11:52am

Not sure this will solve the current duplicate table names but following the info in this other thread might help.

Also before you begin setting up Silverstripe on windows ensure mysql has its config edited with the following value

It will save a lot of pain. I know this as been there and felt the pain.

Hope that helps.


Community Member, 63 Posts

17 July 2010 at 11:57am

One other thing I would try is this.
Back up your database.
Then delete the column name HomepageForDomain, that is causing a conflict.
Then try dev build again.


Community Member, 25 Posts

18 July 2010 at 5:02am

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.