Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error: Class 'Debug' not found

Go to End

15 Posts   8601 Views

sajok

Community Member, 82 Posts

3 November 2010 at 12:29am

Edited: 03/11/2010 11:29am

Hello,

I have two ss websites installed on the same server, and both are working just fine. One of them is currently under development. I made some changes yesterday and checked everything was right. However, This morning the frontpage shows the following error for the first time. I checked the other website to find the same error on the frontpage! :

Fatal error: Class 'Debug' not found in /home/bohoich/public_html/sapphire/core/Core.php  on line 225

both websites now are off, could you please help solve this?
thanks

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

3 November 2010 at 1:09am

hmmmm core file.... sapphire\dev\Debug.php... maybe you have created your own 'class Debug' somewhere? a dev/build would indicate this and fail I think...

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

3 November 2010 at 1:34am

Should that return a different error? Two class of the same name perhaps?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

3 November 2010 at 1:36am

Absolutely - and that is why I suggest the dev/build because that is where I have seen that error... that is all I can suggest...

cuSSter

3 November 2010 at 1:47am

Yeah, same here. Sajok maybe you should check if the Debug class exist in the core. Maybe it has been deleted or whatsoever.

sajok

3 November 2010 at 3:25am

@swaiba, @Pinoy_SS thanks for replying..

the core file is still there, and I didn't create any class. I run dev/build and it shows a list of ManifestBuilder.php errors. The strange thing is it affects another website on the server with ss 3.4 version and shows the same error. That made me think that maybe something is wrong with server, so I went to the hosting support told me they are fixing something with the server.. now I need to wait to see how they are going to fix this..

thanks

cuSSter

3 November 2010 at 3:27am

So maybe it's in the hosting provider that you are using. If that is so, it's a relief.
No problem. :)

sajok

4 November 2010 at 12:30am

Edited: 04/11/2010 12:32am

I have a reseller account with 5 websites using only 2% of resources. Three websites are silverstripe v2.4, and they suddenly show the above same error. I thought it's a problem with the server but so far the support couldn't do anything about it. They added a php.ini file in public_html folder and asked me to enable the module I want inside that file, but I wasn't sure what to do exactly..!

the error shows on a white screen not the usual ss blue screen, so maybe something was disabled or misconfigured for php execution which affects only silverstripe websites.

could you please help if you have any idea what may cause this error?

thanks

Go to Top