Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Logging in via /admin returns user to login page without being logged in

Go to End

13 Posts   8258 Views

wainui

Community Member, 56 Posts

6 December 2010 at 10:08am

Hey guys... thanks for the reply.
Just figured out the problem..

I had Director::setBaseURL('http://www.mysite.co.nz/');
in my _config - I removed that and all go :)

Mike

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

6 December 2010 at 12:55pm

My .htaccess file is pretty normal almost exactly identical to what you guys posted. See below:

### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
<Files *.ss>
	Order deny,allow
	Deny from all
	Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Files>

<Files web.config>
	Order deny,allow
	Deny from all
</Files>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /

# Site Maintenance Redirect
	#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/maintenance.html$ 
	#RewriteCond %{REMOTE_HOST} !^98\.155\.171\.63
	#RewriteRule $ /maintenance.html [R=302,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
</IfModule>
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

So obviously it's not the problem.

Saw what wainui said about having the BaseURL set in config.php, but I don't have that set in mine, so that's not the problem either.

I just wiped all the SilverStripe files and reinstalled them, with the latest version 2.4.3 (was on 2.4.1 before), but that didn't change anything at all.

I'm beginning to consider hiring one of the SilverStripe dev team members to fix this bloody issue. Aaron, are you interested?

briley

Community Member, 7 Posts

15 December 2010 at 4:15am

Edited: 15/12/2010 4:18am

I'm having this same issue. A client is able to login to the admin successfully but is having all kinds of problems in the admin section, but I'm not able to get past the login screen. Even when I put in bogus login data it simply reloads the login page without any message. Let me know if you come up with a solution.

[Edit] When I checked "Remember me next time" on the login form it logged me into the admin correctly... I'm looking to see if there are any other issues.

briley

Community Member, 7 Posts

16 December 2010 at 4:36am

Edited: 16/12/2010 4:36am

After a lot of poking around, I found that the issue was that the server was not saving session data correctly - the folder defined in php.ini (session.save_path) was not writeable. I changed the directory PHP saves session data in and things started working.

Webbower

Community Member, 10 Posts

18 February 2012 at 11:42am

I had the same problem happen to me after pulling down an already-built SS site from SVN and setting it up on my local. After logging in, when I tried to go to /admin, it would redirect me back to /Security/login/?BackURL=/admin with a message saying which account I was logged in as and a button to log in as someone else.

The fix in the end was that I had to uncomment the session.save_path=/tmp line in my php.ini (version from MacPorts)

Go to Top