Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Redirect loop when visiting level 3 pages

Go to End

4 Posts   1393 Views

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

22 November 2010 at 2:51am

Edited: 22/11/2010 2:51am

I'm starting to panic a bit, as I've just copied a SilverStripe site across to the client's hosting account, due to go live tomorrow morning, but a bug has appeared that didn't happen on my staging account:

Basically, upon trying to access a page on the site which is on the 3rd level, for example:
www.example.com/page1/page2/page3
It goes into a constant redirect loop:
www.example.com/page1/page1/page1/page1/page1/page1/page1/page1/page1/page2/page3
until the browser catches it and kills it with a redirect loop error.

If I turn off nested pages it works fine. I've got no redirects setup in the code, I've tried clearing the cache and flushing etc, but I can't get rid of it!

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
James

purplespider

22 November 2010 at 5:05am

This is really starting to baffle me now:

• Tried a fresh SS install, created a level 3 page, redirect loop still appears
  • Removed .htaccess file and accessed a level 3 page using index.php, loop still happens!
  • Tried creating 3 sub folders on the server, visited the 3rd folder, redirect loop did NOT occur.

This tells me that this is caused by a setting on the server that SilverStripe doesn't like, and that it's NOT a htaccess issue, but I might be wrong.

Any ideas? Pulling my hair out here!

Thanks

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

23 November 2010 at 10:28am

might be a corrupt sitetree in the database, i've had some strange things happen there - have you copied / upgraded / done stuff to the database? I've seen emtpy classnames but if I were you I'd check pages with parents in a circle loop - start with the urlsegments page1/page2 in your example.com - if you can start with a fresh site tree and see how that works out

purplespider

3 December 2010 at 12:10am

Thanks, I've had a quick look through the SiteTree table but can't see anything odd.

But the strange this is, I tried a fresh SS install, dropping the old database, and upon creating a level 3 page in the CMS, and trying to access it I had the same problem.

The only thing I can think it could be is a strange issue with the host, but I don't know what!