Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Using Windows Live ID?

Go to End

phrequencyviii

Community Member, 1 Post

11 December 2010 at 2:54am

Hello! So, I have a website, which is more of a blog, running on Wordpress at the moment (www.gamesncrap.com), and me and my friend have some ideas for it, but I want to switch over to something that isn't just a blog, and is a little more social. I just wanted some feedback and had some questions. I'm an amatuer, self taught web dude, and pretty much just know some HTML/CSS stuff, and no PHP, so if I sound like a moron, that should explain it (though I did manage to get my website up and going with my own theme and design).

One of our ideas was to use Windows Live ID as our universal logon (and I think MS changed this to Messenger Connect). We wanted it so that you could login to the site and forum and etc with your Live ID, and bam! Since we are kind of aiming to be Xbox centric, it would make sense people would have a Live ID in the first place. Is that possible? Is it going to be way over my head to implement?