Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can Silverstripe handle a 10,000+ user database?

Go to End

4 Posts   1208 Views

jaybee

Community Member, 49 Posts

17 December 2010 at 6:41am

Can Silverstripe handle a 10,000+ user database? does anyone use Silverstripe with a large amount of users? how does it hold up?

dompie

Community Member, 88 Posts

17 December 2010 at 8:56am

I'm not running silverstripe with that high user amout, but am also interested in performance reports.

Is it possible to use one machine for 200+ Pages (simple templates) with about 1500+ DataObjecs and 10 concurrent backend users while serving (avg) 3000 hits a Day. Any hardware recommendations for this setup?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

17 December 2010 at 11:35am

Edited: 17/12/2010 11:36am

Also extremely interested in any metrics on this - I have just switched a client over that will reach this limit within 6 months I think...

are there any metrics for silverstripes performance for this and any other areas the volumes can spiral upwards?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 December 2010 at 12:03pm

Edited: 17/12/2010 12:03pm

To answer the original question

Can Silverstripe handle a 10,000+ user database? does anyone use Silverstripe with a large amount of users? how does it hold up?

Yes if given the correct setup (hardware etc). I've used sites with ~40,000 member databases and performance (searching etc) is reasonable. Just don't use DataObject::get('Member'); (or any dataobject set stuff with large datasets). You are better off using SQL queries directly to sort, get data.

are there any metrics for silverstripes performance for this and any other areas the volumes can spiral upwards?

I remember there was a series of tables released for the 2.4.0 release to show the performance gains 2.4.0 achieved on data sets up to 100,000 objects but can't seem to track it down.