Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS Doesn't load

Go to End

2 Posts   854 Views

Martino

Community Member, 1 Post

22 December 2010 at 1:02am

Hi,

Im new to SS and is having a few issues with it. I noticed that from time to time it takes several mins to load the cms and sometimes its just stuck at the splash page, welcome to SS..now loading..
So i thought the installation might have gone wrong and decided to remove it and put a fresh one on. Unfortunately, Im having the same problems again and I couldn't get bk to it for the past 2days
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 December 2010 at 9:30am

Im new to SS and is having a few issues with it. I noticed that from time to time it takes several mins to load the cms and sometimes its just stuck at the splash page, welcome to SS..now loading..

It will be stuck on this page if the site has javascript errors. Have a look at your webbrowsers error console to see the specific error. More often than not the javascript error is caused by the minification and combination of the javascript files. Attempt to disable it by adding the code below to your mysite/_config.php file then reload the admin with a ?flush=1 on the end

Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false);