Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Editing toolbar has disappeared!!

Go to End

4 Posts   2757 Views

av

Community Member, 2 Posts

14 January 2011 at 12:25pm

For some reason, i no longer have the editing toolbar available on my screen. Does anyone know why this would happen and how i can get it back?!?

I have attached a screenshot of my webpage.

Thanks!

Attached Files
mandrew

Community Member, 37 Posts

17 January 2011 at 5:43pm

Hi,

The file typography.css is included in the CMS so I would structure it better.

Go to http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/typography and change your site so you use the .typography style.

av

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 January 2011 at 11:51pm

Hi Micheal,
Thank you for your reply - but i still need help.
I paid someone $2000 to create a website for me that i could edit (e.g. when prices change etc) rather than relying on him for every change.
Recently he changed me over to another host (he was my original host) and during the change over i lost all the chages i had made to the website (e.g. a facebook button) and the editing toolbar. He has now disappeared off the radar.

So i only have a very basic understanding of websites - hence choosing a WYSIWYG CMS, All i have access to is mywebsite.com/admin and do not understand the script language. Can i get the toolbar back myself or do i need to find someone with a better knowledge of the HTML script? Can i contact one of your guys?

thank you.

mandrew

Community Member, 37 Posts

19 January 2011 at 10:20am

You will definitely need someone with css/html script knowledge. I suggest finding someone that is close by, or use the irc chat and a developer could talk you through how to make the changes yourself. Failing that, just attach the Page.ss and typography.css files in the forum and I can look at them.