Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

backend /admin/ hanging on "loading"

Go to End

2 Posts   2009 Views

duskydesigns

Community Member, 15 Posts

28 January 2011 at 1:05pm

Hi all,

I have recently started using Silverstripe as effective CMS for Flash based websites, wich makes all the content it gives in XML. the admin panel is still in HTML thanks to the help of members of this site.

However i get after a while that i can no longer really log-in to the backend. When i am logged in through credentials it stays on the silverstripe logo. The weird thing is that it occurs over time. This is happening locally by the way with a web server that has an off-switch (XAMPP for Mac).

How can i fix this? i thought a simple ?flush=all would let me pass through the loading screen but thats not the case.

I have noticed through the source that the page looks kinda loaded however the screen is just not updating.

Anyone else got this issue and know a solution? Or in general has a idea what exactly makes this fault?

Thanks very much!

Greets,

Kenneth

mobius

Community Member, 54 Posts

30 January 2011 at 8:51pm

It's probably a javascript error due to something not loading properly. Watch it trying to load using Firebug for Firefox, or enable the Developer Tools on Safari/Chrome