Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SOLVED - Fatal error: Class 'SS_Log' not found

Go to End

8 Posts   3208 Views

Robert Dowell

Community Member, 17 Posts

17 February 2011 at 12:43pm

I've up graded to 2.4.5, everything was working find. Now all of a sudden when I go to the site this error is shown at the bottom of the page: Fatal error: Class 'SS_Log' not found in C:\wamp\www\southeastCOsports\sapphire\dev\Debug.php on line 0
However the site works, except when I log into the CMS and try to change anything a box pops up telling me to login and try again.

The last thing I loaded was the Blog Module and was able to edit a blog.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

17 February 2011 at 12:48pm

Did you follow upgrading instructions to the letter?

Have you tried enabling dev mode and turning on error logging to find out any more details?

Robert Dowell

17 February 2011 at 1:00pm

Ryan

The upgrade went as it should. This is on my local computer and the site has been working for the last two weeks. I'm not sure how to turn on dev mode or error logging.

Thanks for your reply.

Bob

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

17 February 2011 at 1:28pm

Just add this line to your /mysite/_config.php to enable dev mode:

Director::set_environment_type('dev');

This should give you a much better error message.

More here about debugging and error handling.

Cheers
Christian

Robert Dowell

18 February 2011 at 1:53am

Christian

Thanks for your reply, however enabling dev mode didn't change the error. This is the error message I see: "Fatal error: Class 'SS_Log' not found in C:\wamp\www\southeastCOsports\sapphire\dev\Debug.php on line 0", it shows up under the footer. The site continues to work, however, when I log into the CMS (it says I'm logged in as default admin) and try to change anything a box pops up telling me to login and try again.

I don't know why the error message didn't change. Where would I look for the error log?

Thanks again
Bob

Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

18 February 2011 at 5:02am

Hi Robert,

sorry, but now i'm clueless as well...

Just to cover the obvious, do you have a file named Log.php in your /sapphire/dev/ directory?
Have you tried a new install/upgrade?
Are you really, really sure you haven't changed anything in these two weeks (server settings, configurations, etc.)?

Cheers
Christian

Robert Dowell

18 February 2011 at 6:14am

Christian

Thanks for your help, I'm running WAMP on win 7 and just restarted all services, the error message went away and everything is back to normal. Sorry for the trouble.

Again, thanks for trying to help me. As you can tell I'm pretty much a noob (if that's the right word).

Bob

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

18 February 2011 at 7:47am

Lol... when all else fails, restart the server! Usually works.