Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cannot Add Members in CMS - Disabled EMail Field

Go to End

3 Posts   1614 Views

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

25 March 2011 at 4:44am

Does anyone have any clue why my SS is disabling the Email field in the 'Add Member' form for the Security ModelAdmin? I have checked that the field is editable in the member profiles module, and I am trying to create the member with the master admin account created by SS, so it's not a permissions issue.

I've spent all day trying different things.. (Removing the memberprofiles module, reinstalling it, digging through the templates in /CMS as well as the code, trying different browsers, etc)

In the end nothing is fixing this, and I cannot add members manually at all.

To be clear: This is not a custom form. This is not a module. This is the CMS security core 'Add Member' form.

This is the outputted source for the field:

<div class="field readonly  " id="Email">
<label for="MemberTableField_Popup_AddForm_Email" class="left">Email</label>
<div class="middleColumn"><span class="readonly " id="MemberTableField_Popup_AddForm_Email"><i>(none)</i></span>
<input type="hidden" value="" name="Email">
</div>
</div>

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

25 March 2011 at 5:42am

Further digging into this has led me to believe it's permission related, based on how the field is generated in /sapphire/forms/TableListField.php - However nothing is making sense.

- Security Group 'Administrators' has full access to everything.
- No administrator can create a new member because the EMail field is both required and 'readonly' - This includes the 'Master' admin account.
- There are no DB entries in the permissions tables other than what is installed by default with SS.
- I have not made any changes to permissions.

This would seem to imply broken behaviour in SS 2.4 - Can anyone confirm or deny this?

ccburns

Community Member, 79 Posts

23 April 2011 at 3:21pm

I am having the same problem. Initially I thought it was something to do with the way I had set up the data model, but that is now working and the problem is happening in both the Security Tab and the Model Admin I have set up to manage the data model.

[url=http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16640]http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16640

Did you ever find out the issue with this?

Cheers,
Colin