Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

page comments issue

Go to End

4 Posts   2916 Views

Anonymous user

Community Member, 3 Posts

27 March 2011 at 1:05pm

Edited: 27/03/2011 1:06pm

Hello,

Working on the tutorial part 2 and checked "add comments on this page" within the CMS,and now the page gets this error:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 107, Column 107: <p id="DeleteComments"><a href="http://localhost/ss245/PageComment/deleteallcomments?pageid=2&SecurityID=382b0f9a00ab9c3777c112db57d31d8756811ddb">
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

I've done the ?flush=1, and out of desperation even ran dev/build... but to no avail.
This is what I've added to the layout page - $PageComments. Doesn't really seem to matter what .ss page I add it to, always comes up with same error.

As soon as I uncheck "add comments on this page", everything works just fine.

Using version 2.4.5 I just downloaded the other day.

Thanks for any help on this,
Alex

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with this a bit further I discovered switching the theme to blackcandy comments work fine. Switch it back to the tutorial theme and the issue comes back. All the html looks just fine, I mimicked the code the same way it was done in blackcandy. Not really a issue I need to solve, just trying to learn but I am curious as to why?

thanks

Nathan Cox

Community Member, 99 Posts

28 March 2011 at 12:44am

I'm fairly sure the problem is that $PageComments outputs a URL with an unencoded & in it, and the tutorial theme is XML encoded, so it's throwing a major wobbly because the & is invalid XML.

Try remove <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> from the top of Page.ss

Anonymous user

Community Member, 3 Posts

4 April 2011 at 9:38am

Yep I wondered the same thing, switched it to
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="$ContentLocale">

and all is working!

thanks,
alex

saxophone15

Community Member, 1 Post

4 August 2011 at 11:11am

I had this same problem and this thread really helped me out.

SilverStripe should update the tutorial files to fix this problem. Regardless, I really like how SilverStripe works so far.