Among a long list of CMS's out there, i finally narrowed my options to 2 i have to choose from for my future development needs.
Since i have a huge project in front of me, a complete re-design of CMS and layout of a well known hotel chain, i would like to ask for you comments and help in regard if SilverStripe will be able to satisfy my requirements.
1. Multilingual content -> How is multilingual page structure handled with SilverStripe? Is visitor redirected to index page of each language (as soon he switches language)OR does he stays in current content, viewable in each available language?
2. Template per page -> can be different templates assigned for each page?
3. Mod_rewrite & SEO friendly URL's supported?
4. Ease of "per page" required script library & CSS includes?
5. Media uploads and manipulation supported?
6. Can user manipulate content sections without "blowing" whole layout and struggeling with WYSIWYG Editor?
7. Ease of re-use of content sections (assigning same sections to different pages) for user?
8. Assign different navigation sections per template and managing navigation structure on backend?
9. Assign access to users by property? -> Project will involve 8 properties of the chain, each property user will have to have access to manipulate content ONLY for its property assigned. Others need to be hidden
My project will have content of aprox. 60 pages available in 6 lnguages.
Can SilverStripe handle such size of web site?
I am sorry for my huge post, and appreciate your comments as prior choosing SilverStripe for my future projects i would love to hear from your experince.