I'm a recent convert to using SS and I've been very impressed with how fast I have been able to port over an old site and get it functional while using XAMPP. However, I have encountered an issue that I am currently unable to resolve, though I have found a possible workaround solution.
I set up a development site for experimentation, and installation has been a success. I am however, unable to upload any image files, as the system reports an error, stating "File is not a valid upload" and "There is nothing to upload". As a temporary workaround, I've already read about the "Look for new files" function, and I intend to test this by uploading the images via FTP, but I would like to resolve this issue nevertheless.
I've read another thread on this forum dated 2 months prior that seems to solve the issue, but the resolution involves a patch file that looks like it was made by a 3rd party, and I am notoriously sticky about being able to trust stuff that I download. Aside from this, my own webhost has several security restrictions in place which I have already modified to allow SS to do its work.