Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS access change URL

Go to End

7 Posts   1396 Views

nat.pike

Community Member, 21 Posts

19 May 2011 at 2:15pm

Hi there,

I have a problem - I have uploaded a SilverStripe website to my clients hosting at FreeParking.co.nz.

The problem is when you go to access the CMS with www.website.com/admin it redirects to the admin panel for FreeParking.

Can I change the settings so the CMS can be accessed by www.website.com/admin/login.php? or something else?

Thanks for your help.

Natalie

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

19 May 2011 at 9:40pm

Has this on an old webhost, I simply asked them to change their "admin" to allow me to use it

nat.pike

20 May 2011 at 12:47pm

Hi, thanks for your comments - I tried that but the said that when the Server is rebooted it will automatically revert back.

swaiba

20 May 2011 at 4:03pm

oh, then I'd find another host...

nat.pike

20 May 2011 at 4:20pm

Unfortunately that is not an option - it's my clients hosting and they've paid for hosting for the next couple of years.

Devlin

Community Member, 344 Posts

20 May 2011 at 8:36pm

You can access the CMS via www.website.com/index.php/admin too.

swaiba

20 May 2011 at 8:44pm

Edited: 20/05/2011 8:45pm

Oh, well... in that case...

I'd say - how often do you reset the server? If it's like my servers months go by - so just request the host to remove the rule afterwards each time...

If you want to change the code start by searching for "admin", 'admin' and admin (i.e. with different types of quotes and then without qoutes) within the cms. So start by changing...

e.g.
cms\code\LeftAndMain.php

static $url_base = "admin";

but really this is an AWFUL idea as more than likely something will go wrong and it'll make upgrading (for security and stuff) very annoying - also modules are going to expect "admin" too, so change them... best of luck...

(oh just seen a rather simpler solution! ha!)