Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

IE issues while building multilingual website

Go to End

stidljiv

Community Member, 1 Post

21 May 2011 at 5:18am

Edited: 21/05/2011 5:21am

Hello.

I have problems while building a multilingual website with Silverstripe. I used a following explanation to build a multilingual website:

http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2011/using-translatable-to-create-a-simple-multilingual-site/

I have input 5 languages, and when I change any language other than default one, the flags do not load as well as slider pictures also on homepage. And when I look into the path of images, for example if I switch from default to italian language, after a domain name, it adds this:
/home-it-IT/themes/templatename/images/lang-it.gif

The problem is it's adding /home-it-IT/ in the path of the images so they do not load. Any solution here? (Internet Explorer problem)

Also, when I switch from language to language on the homepage for example, when I click on french flag, and back to italian for example, for a split second it loads like without CSS and than it get backs to normal. This problem only appears with Mozilla Firefox. Any clue here?

And the third problem appears in admin section. When I want to translate some page in admin section of Silverstripe, I click on the Home page, than to Translation tab, and than choose Russian for example, and click Create, it gives me 404 page. And when I go back to the page, Russian translation is created. This only happens with Internet Explorer 8 and 9 version (probably earlier versions also).

I am using Silverstripe the latest version (2.4.5), based on a Windows server with Apache.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.