Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

detecting $has_one/$has_many changes

Go to End

3 Posts   2018 Views

Room9

Community Member, 19 Posts

27 June 2011 at 3:58pm

Hi,

I can't seem to find a way to detect relationship additions/changes in onAfterWrite(). E.g. I have a DataObject which $has_one MyFile. When I test onAfterWrite() and look for $this->MyFileID after adding an object it shows the new ID. This is great, but I remove the MyFile, the ID doesn't revert to 0. Likewise $this->MyFile()->exists(), $this->MyFile() and $this->MyFile->ID all return old data, only after saving for second time do I get the current values. Furthermore, $this->getChangedFields() behaves like MyFileID, showing only addtions, not deletions.

Is this normal behaviour or do I have something wrong and the relation ID should be resetting to 0?

r9

cuSSter

Community Member, 56 Posts

27 June 2011 at 7:16pm

What happens is the MyFile object was removed from the database, but the fields of the object that have this has_one relationship to MyFile wasn't updated. In your MyFile class, you need to declare a onBeforeDelete() function which updates the MyFileID field to zero.

function onBeforeDelete() {
     parent::onBeforeDelete();
     $dos = DataObject::get( '<ClassName>', "MyFileID = $this->ID" );
     if( $dos ) {
          foreach( $dos as $do ) {
               $do->MyFileID = 0;
               $do->write();
          }
     }
}

Room9

Community Member, 19 Posts