Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SiteTree::enable_nested_urls(); and allowed_actions - problem with saving pages

Go to End

4 Posts   1279 Views

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

28 June 2011 at 7:32pm

Hi

I have now had a site where SiteTree::enable_nested_urls(); does not seem to work... that is, it works fine, but once I have turned it on, I dont seem to be able to save pages in the CMS anymore. When I removed "SiteTree::enable_nested_urls(); "from the _config file, the pages save again...

A few days ago, I raised a ticket: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/6670 - which is slightly different, but I wonder if the two are related?

Has anyone seen something similar?

I am using 2.4 branches...

Nicolaas

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

28 June 2011 at 9:01pm

As to your ticket - I agree, a possibly endless loop is a hazard :-) Just wondering about the static within the decorator: should that be added using the extraStatics() method or am I totally wrong? I don't really know what the internal difference is - but maybe it's worth a try?

For the current site having a problem - is it a new SS install? Do other sites on that server react the same?

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

28 June 2011 at 9:17pm

Hi

Thank you for your reply. It is not a new install, but, as I said, it works fine without the nested URLs enabled.

I guess for me, the main thing is that the code is debugable.

If it just stops at 30 seconds you have no idea where you are at, so the first thing would really be to cut out that endless loop.

Nicolaas

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

28 June 2011 at 9:54pm

OK - I was just wondering whether using extraStatics() would do any good, but I guess you tried that. Hope you get it to work, good luck :-)