Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Adding additional values to a DataObjectSet

Go to End

3 Posts   946 Views

ccburns

Community Member, 79 Posts

14 July 2011 at 12:10am

Edited: 14/07/2011 12:11am

Hi All,

This is probably something really simple that I am missing here.

Basically building an item management system for frontend users to manage their own items. I have everything working fine except for one thing and I am sure it is something really simple that I just haven't found yet.

Essentially what I am asking is, is there a way to push a new column of data onto each row in a return DataObjectSet

So for example if I had FirstName (Colin) and Surname (Burns) and I wanted to create a new column called NickName which I created by the first letter of the FirstName and the Surname (cburns). I want know how to create this column in the logic and push it onto my DataObjectSet.

N.B: There is probably a way to do this specific example in the template, but that's not what i am looking for. I've deliberately tried to use a really simple example as a demonstration.

if(!isset($_GET['start']) || !is_numeric($_GET['start']) || (int)$_GET['start'] < 1) $_GET['start'] = 0; 
            $SQL_start = (int)$_GET['start']; 
            $AllItems = DataObject::get( 
            $callerClass = $thisClassName, // enter the Object type (e.g. 'MyPageType') 
            $filter = "ItemType = 'want' AND Status = '{$thisStatus}' AND MemberID = '".Member::currentUserID()."'",
            $sort = "Created DESC, Value DESC", 
            $join = "", 
            $limit = "{$SQL_start}, $itemsPerPage" // enter the number of items per page (int) 
);

// So I guess in here I would need to loop through the DataObjectSet using two of the fields in it to create a new field and then push it onto the DataObjectSet 

return $this->customise(array('AllItems' => $AllItems))->renderWith('ajax_ListManagement_All');

Any suggestions would be grand :)

Cheers,
Colin

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

14 July 2011 at 12:24am

Edited: 14/07/2011 12:24am

how about...

if ($AllItems) foreach ($AllItems as $item) {
   $item->NickName = $item->FirstName.'_'.$item->Surname;
}

I do it all the time...

ccburns

Community Member, 79 Posts

14 July 2011 at 12:30am

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a shot.

I told you I thought it would be simple :)