Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SOLVED: Admin unaccessible: Fatal error Memory exhausted

Go to End

19 Posts   5452 Views

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

27 July 2011 at 2:42am

Well done for finding it... sounds like one for open.silverstripe.org :)

omarkohl

Community Member, 30 Posts

27 July 2011 at 2:54am

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

11 August 2011 at 6:09am

Hi Willr

I'm having some massive memory leak problems. When you say large dateobjectsets are we talking about 100, 1000, 100 000 . I'm not sure if the size of my site is causing a problem or the code. We have a lot of many to many relations with fairly large groups in the 100-1000 range and that doesn't seem excessive so I was planning on combing over my code and setting up php debugging software like you suggested but wanted to check with you first whether these are reasonable numbers.

Thanks

Will

ps any more news as to when 3.0 will be available? thanks again

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 August 2011 at 8:53pm

vancouverWill I saw a leak of about 2k per data object (this was for research done for 2.3). I recommend installing XHProf and doing some research of your own!

ps any more news as to when 3.0 will be available? thanks again

At the moment the goal is still end of the year for another release (likely to be a final stage beta or rc)

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

11 August 2011 at 8:58pm

Also remember with memory issues there is no garbage collection by default... I've added this during large dataobject manipulations to reclaim the memory and avoid the dread memory exhausted error...

http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/16988#post303671

jinjie

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 November 2011 at 3:07pm

I am now facing this problem and it really looks like what is happening as explained in this thread. I was doing some reorganizing of the pages and this came up!

I have tried upgrading to 2.4.6 but does not work. Is it something I need to change from the DB or some rebuilding of DB task I need to execute?

Please help as this is on my production. I can't edit the pages now.

Thanks in advance!

omarkohl

Community Member, 30 Posts

15 November 2011 at 9:15pm

Just log in to your Database (phpmyadmin etc.) and edit the tables SiteTree and SiteTree_Live. Change the ParentID of the broken pages. For simplicity just change it to 0 (Root) and then move them around in the backend when you're done. You should be able to find the page you're looking for in the DB by looking at the URLSegment (same DB Table).

arnott

Community Member, 16 Posts

22 November 2011 at 10:52am

Can you explain the fix in detail ?

The problem is due to broken pages ? We have 20+ blogs and both the tables SiteTree_Live and SiteTree do not have any entries with HasBrokenLink = 1.

thanks