Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Showing Member details Front End

Go to End

Mrfixer

Community Member, 49 Posts

27 July 2011 at 10:02pm

Edited: 28/07/2011 12:28am

Using SSbits tutorial on Login redirection and Group Decorating i want / need to implement a system un der Admin CMS >> Security where i can have admin add members to a specific group, in this case the group being "Clients" so that they can login to a client area at the front end and see the status of their own project as updated by the Admin in SS Security page.

i have added extra fields by using a class (Called it Clients) that admin can update via the securty / Groups page in CMS and extended the Members via mysite/_config.php

_config.php
//Decorate/extend the member class
Object::add_extension('Member', 'Clients');

Class ClientDetails.php

<?php
class Clients extends DataObjectDecorator{
    function extraStatics(){
        return array(
            'db' => array(
                    'PostalAddress' => 'Varchar(255)',
                    'TelephoneDetails' => 'Varchar(255)',
                    'EmailDetails' => 'Varchar(255)',
                    'PackageType' => 'Varchar(255)',
                    'PackageDetails' => 'HTMLText',
                    'HeardFrom' => "Enum('Verbal Recommendation,Email Campaign,Newspaper Advertisement,Website link,Search Engine,Other','Verbal Recommendation')",
                    'Status' => "Enum('Active,Disabled','Disabled')",
            ),
            'defaults' => array(
                 'Status' => 'Disabled'
            )
        );
    }
}

now what im trying to do is to get these to echo out onto a secure page at front end, basically client logs in and sees the status of their project that the Admin is working on.

How can i eco these out at front end so that only the client sees his own status and not anybody elses after logging in..?

regards

UPDATE: has anyone noticed its far easier to search google for an answer regarding SS than it is to use the search function here ;0).. anyway i believe this thread http://silverstripe.org/archive/show/3734 covers everything that i will need to know about getting that info to show at front end..

regards