Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

?flush=1 takes extreamly long

Go to End

7 Posts   2177 Views

theTigerDuck

Community Member, 20 Posts

28 July 2011 at 3:02am

I cannot make flush=1 anymore. It takes extreamly long or even leads to timeout.

I updated from 2.3.2 to 2.4.5 recently.

Anny Ideas?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

28 July 2011 at 3:19am

I'ts rebuilding the entire cache - it's going to take some time.
I couldn't compare 2.3.2 with 2.4.5 - it's over a year and a half since I used 2.3.x

theTigerDuck

28 July 2011 at 3:37am

I know it's a big step from 2.3.x to 2.4.5...

But on a privious Version, at least on my Site /?flush=1 was much faster.
And did did not lead to Timeout.
Just testet on a Page with not much Content: 4:20min!!
Before it was something less one minute.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

28 July 2011 at 3:41am

From my experience it takes ages on my local windows machine with wamp, and it takes much less on the production lunix server - but past that the time it takes is the time it takes. I have the execution time high on my local machine.

theTigerDuck

28 July 2011 at 3:50am

Edited: 28/07/2011 4:55am

4:20min was on the production lunix server. I noticed that my silverstripe-cache folder was in permission 0755. I changed it to 0777 but nothing happend. Does it has to be 0777?

Edit: 3:45 for a Page with just a Contact form. But when I reload the Page it's just only 16sec. Doesn't ?flush=1 deleating the Whole cache?!?!

Edit2: and now it's timeout again after ~5min.

Edit3: it seems to be a Serverproblem on my local machine it took round about 20sec 5times in a row.

Here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/installation/server-requirements

is said: "We recommend using a PHP accelerator or opcode cache, such as xcache or WinCache."
It is APC installed on the Server (can it has something to do with it? Should I use xcache? I've read somewere else that others using APC too with Silverstripe)

Edit 4: Because it's sometimes very fast and sometimes extremly slow. I think there is maybe not enough CPU Power on the Server.

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

28 July 2011 at 10:41am

What machine are you running? FWIW, I have never had any problems with ?flush=1 or even ?flush=all and I'm running wamp on my local machine... never more than a few seconds... even on a pretty my old Pentium 4 . I know that's not much help but it does sound like something else is wrong. I don't believe it's necessarily the nature of flush to take ages nor can your machine be simply too slow?

theTigerDuck

29 July 2011 at 1:55am

First thanks for your reply. The Server Admin told me that there is no CPU bottleneck. But he noticed that he had to enlarge MySQL Query-Cache and Join-Buffer. I don't now for what it is (I'm not an Admin) but it did not help. He also mentioned that there is a unregular ammount of joins on the site, I think it's on the statistic Pages, but on the Kontakt page there is nothing but a Kontaktform and a Flash-Banner. And even there flush takes ages.

On my local machine I have a Windows with wamp to and there are no Problems.