Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

a place for modules/widgets

Go to End

13 Posts   1616 Views

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

28 July 2011 at 10:45pm

ok , also, have you used the SQLite Module yet..
it uses a "absalute path" to the database & NOT relative to the CMS Root, is there a way to make it update the path automatically OR set a relative path .

EG:

htpdocs/silverStripe/assets/.db/ss_database.file

it possible to make it retive : ( assests/.db/ss_databse ) so i dot have to reinstall the website every time i move it around. ( the reason i use SQLite is so i don't need to set it up !! )

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

28 July 2011 at 10:48pm

sorry, no, for all it's faults I'm using MYSQL only - my db's are far too big for sqlite

DesignerX.com.au

28 July 2011 at 11:01pm

so , what is considered a "too big" databse for SQLite , i like it ,its easy to run, portable & the job for most of my "small" projects/jobs.

did you have any problems with SQlite 3 in the past, something you can warn me about?

(sorry for the too many questions, i am sure this page will answer a lot of question for newbies to come :)
Thank you

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

28 July 2011 at 11:09pm

hundreds of megabytes... but I am sure sqlite3 will be just fine for a small site. I've used it before for mobile projects and it's extremely reliable - I think it's like the most deployed open source db ever.

DesignerX.com.au

29 July 2011 at 12:31am

thank you, that is all the questions i have for today, be ready for 2morow.. lolz ;)

Go to Top