Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Create and configure php.ini

Go to End

12 Posts   10615 Views

Paco728

Community Member, 28 Posts

30 July 2011 at 6:02pm

Edited: 30/07/2011 7:04pm

Hello people.

I need to configure php.ini from a host that is free (000webhost) and I cant because this server doesnt have access to such files. Which I would be the correct way to configure it from the cms?
In this post: "http://silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/5217?start=8" there is a possible solution, which is to create php.ini and then and call it from .Htaccess. Already tested and not gave me good results. To be more precise I need is to change the status of magic_quotes_gpc to off.

Following the post I mentioned before this is my code:

.Htacces

### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
public_html/SilverStripe-v2.4.5/php.ini

php.ini

magic_quotes_gpc = Off

ordinarywebguy

Community Member, 13 Posts

31 July 2011 at 12:21am

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

31 July 2011 at 12:39am

@Paco728: Cross-post is not permitted.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

31 July 2011 at 3:01am

@biapar - where is the rule book? I can't even seen some terms and conditions on the register page

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

31 July 2011 at 9:10am

The user posted the same question at same time in 3 sections. I think that this is not a good method.

Paco728

31 July 2011 at 10:16am

Edited: 31/07/2011 10:18am

Ordinary inserts the probe in Httacces but I think it must be enclosed in tags like the rest of the code for example:

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
RedirectMatch 403 /silverstripe-cache(/|$)
</IfModule>

<Files web.config>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Files>

or am I wrong?

As I am not sure if create it in Httacces. This well placed in this file? or better create php.ini and call instruction from Httacces as shown in the example of the first post?
I've tried all possible ways and not found good results.

Biapar as sam said when I read the regulations didnt see any rule that prevents leaving the same message in several forums sorry.

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

31 July 2011 at 6:13pm

Paco728 - you may be best to email your host support about this, they are often quite adept at answering questions like this. A custom php.ini file for your site is normally what they setup. magic_quotes_gpc must be set to 0 to 1.

Paco728

1 August 2011 at 4:40pm

Edited: 01/08/2011 4:42pm

ok Willr that's what supposed. As another alternative because I could not fix, Can you recommend any other kind of hosting? not have these complications, not having to pay and that is well complemented by ss ?

Go to Top