Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[SOLVED] Root.Content.Photos tab 'forgets' contents after Search for new Files

Go to End

3 Posts   721 Views

esakrielaart

Community Member, 59 Posts

18 August 2011 at 2:13am

Hello,

a very strange problem occured to me this morning. I have a simple site, which is extended in the CMS with a tab called 'Photos'. Here I can select new photo's that should be connected to the current page (the template will load them at a specific point).
Now this all works fine, untill you go to the 'Files & Photos' main tab and click 'Search for new files'.
When doing that and then returning to the page where I just added the photos, none of them is shown in the selectionform (both selected and non-selected). In the database, the table connecting files with pages is just as before, just fine.

Is this a known issue, with a solution? Any help would be highly appreceated.

Friendly regards,
Maurice

esakrielaart

18 August 2011 at 3:05am

Update:

I notice that after uploading a new photo using the photo's tab I created for the Page, two lines appear in the File table inside mySQL database. One containing all file info, the other more some kind of reference with filenames like new-articlephoto. The last one gets (of course) deleted when searching new files. So the problem would be solved if the button 'Search for new files' would not delete non-excisting files. Question: how to?

Thanks!
Maurice

esakrielaart

18 August 2011 at 3:09am

Solved, I had to change the extension of a class to DataObject instead of Image. This solved the problem.