Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Contact page keeps disappearing

Go to End

8 Posts   1948 Views

bettsaj

Community Member, 46 Posts

19 August 2011 at 7:51pm

I have built my client a site at www.christinafrench.com

Everything is running smoothly except the contact us page. I've created a contact page utilising the User Defined Form, after I published the page it all looked fine. about an hour later my client emailed me to ask where the contact form was... Obviously I looked on line and it was missing from the menu. I logged into the admin, checked everything there, and re-published it.... sure enough a while later it had un-published itself and was not visible on the site.

Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a solution to this issue. It's driving me up the wall..... I've re-published this page about 8 times now with the same end result, I've deleted it, and rewritten it, only to get the same thing.

Regards,

Andy

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

20 August 2011 at 1:42am

Just to make sure - are you sure the page is unpublished, as in turning orange in the CMS? I've never seen that before, but what I have seen before (quite often) is a page's access rights suddenly changing to 'logged in user only'. In those cases you'd see it if you're logged in, but it'd still be gone later on. This may not be the case here, but I thought I'd mention...

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

20 August 2011 at 3:27pm

Edited: 21/08/2011 3:43am

I had a similar thing happen this evening. A page that was previously published suddenly disappeared from the site. The cms shows that it is published, but any attempt to open the page on the live site results in a page not found error. I've only had this happen once before, I think I ended up dropping the table for that particular page and rebuilding it. I'm doubtful that will solve my problem this time as I didn't make any structural changes to the page after it was originally published and working, but it's looking like I might have to try it in the morning.

HB

ETA: My problem must have been a server issue. No errors last night, but when I went in this morning the page was back to being visible and active on the live site. No idea what the problem was, but it is working (again) now. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.

bettsaj

22 August 2011 at 1:41am

I have read that the contact page doesn't turn black after you've published it. It stays green...

http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/16085

This however shouldn't stop it's normal funtion.

bettsaj

23 August 2011 at 7:45am

If I wanted to drop the table for the contact page what tables would i drop... And how would i rebuild it?? Sorry, newbie alert :-)

bettsaj

23 August 2011 at 8:34am

I've checked this issue again through a different theme. I loaded the default SS template and the contact page was there... Reloaded the Wine template and it disappeared again. It would appear there's an issue with the menu in this template possibly??

3dgoo

Community Member, 135 Posts

23 August 2011 at 2:57pm

Hello Andy,

Did you check what martimiz was saying. It seems most likey this is just a page access setting.

Check on the contact page what the page view access is. It should be set to 'Inherit from parent page' underneath 'Who can view this page?'.

Another way to test this is log in and view the website. Check if the page is visible in the menu. Then log out and check again if the page is visible.

bettsaj

23 August 2011 at 5:20pm

My god.... i'm an idiot. Easy mistake to make though.... Thank you very much :-)