Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

503 Service Unavailable

Go to End

3 Posts   2591 Views

Multidots

Community Member, 16 Posts

19 August 2011 at 11:56pm

Edited: 20/08/2011 12:13am

Hello Guys!

I have developed website in SilverStripe 2.4.5 and its on our live server. When I visit the pages of site, I am facing one problem that sometimes site is giving page "503 Service Unavailable" error. I don't know why it happens. I have tried to solve this error but I didn't get any solution. And when I am checking error log, I am getting this type of error that "exceeded process limit".

Its a very simple website and its on shared hosting. Is Silver Stripe to heavy to be loaded on a shared hosting? Kindly assist.

Thanks In Advance.

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

26 January 2012 at 5:40pm

Hi,
I'm getting a similar odd error on one site i'm currently creating.

in the CMS, if I use the page tree to navigate between pages, I get a popup with 503 errors, page not available messages.
if I go to the page directly, eg http://mysite.com/admin/show/26 the pages load up no problems. the problem occurs on the security tab managing members, and specific page types in the 'pages' tab

if i go through my code, and remove the FileDataObjectManager it works, but with it it's failing. but the site members tab won't be using this feature, and works on any other site totally fine...

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

26 January 2012 at 5:46pm

found this was causing my page type not to load when using filedataobjectmanager

$fields->removeByName("Metadata");

this sorts my pages, but i'm still having problems in the security tab managing the members.
i'm hoping that a re install of silverstripe on a new account might solve this...