Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

error saving page

Go to End

4 Posts   1328 Views

bebabeba

Community Member, 193 Posts

22 August 2011 at 10:32pm

Hi!
I install Silverstipe on Aruba Server with linux. Here I have the following problem: when I save a page (for example Page or News Page) I have the following error:

500//There has been an error
console.error(fullMessage);}

If I try to save a second time the error disappear and I can save my page.
With server windows this doesn't happen..
Any idea?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

23 August 2011 at 12:11am

try adding...

SS_Log::add_writer(new SS_LogFileWriter('sserrors.txt', SS_Log::ERR);

to your config and then looking at the file produced in sapphire folder

or search your (apache?) error logs

bebabeba

Community Member, 193 Posts

23 August 2011 at 6:47pm

Edited: 23/08/2011 6:59pm

The message is this:

Error at sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php line 536: Couldn't run query:
INSERT INTO "SiteTree_versions" ("ShowInMenus", "ShowInSearch", "ProvideComments", "Status", "MenuTitle", "MetaTitle", "MetaKeywords", "MetaDescription", "Priority", "HomepageForDomain", "ToDo", "LastEdited", "ClassName", "Created", "URLSegment", "Title", "Content", "ExtraMeta", "HomePageForDomain", "Sort", "HasBrokenFile", "HasBrokenLink", "ReportClass", "CanViewType", "CanEditType", "Version", "ParentID", "RecordID", "AuthorID") VALUES ('1', '1', '0', 'Saved (new)', null, null, null, null, '0.9', null, null, '2011-08-23 08:43:31', 'Page', '2011-08-23 08:43:25', 'new-page', 'New Page', null, null, null, '6', '0', '0', null, 'Inherit', 'Inherit', 2, '5', 94, 1)

Column 'HomePageForDomain' specified twice (http://mysito/admin/EditForm)

any ideas? I'm on linux so I table start with initial capital letters. For example: SiteTree_Live, SiteConfig but SiteTree_versions

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

24 August 2011 at 6:51am

Looks like for some reason the field "HomePageForDomain" is found twice in the CMS form. That shouldn't be the case... Does this happen on a fresh install?