Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Getting staged version of page data and core system hooks

Go to End

2 Posts   1199 Views

tallrobphilp

Community Member, 9 Posts

25 August 2011 at 3:28am

I'm in the process oftrying to adapt silverstripe slightly, in that I wish to use the CMS backe-end "as-is" but basically do the page data fetch and display (templating) myself using a 3rd party template engine and give myself some extra flexibility.

Basically I can see how to grab a SiteTree object with the SiteTree::get_by_link() method but I want to know what the equivalent call would be in order to grab the staged data for a given SiteTree object when I have the request object as passed into a controller action.

Can anyone offer any advice?

On the same subject - I have generally wondered if it is possible to "hook" into the SilverStripe core so that I can extend it more easily. At the minute I have found a fairly simple but slightly roundabout way of using a 3rd party template engine (twig from the devs of symfony framework) but it's a bit rough. Sopme hooks into the core would be valuable, but I can't see how to do this at present.

Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 August 2011 at 8:19pm

Take a look at the versions class. Lots of helper instance and static methods in that extension which allow you to get_by_stage() etc.

http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/sapphire/model/Versioned.html