Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[SOLVED] Site tree keeps expanding forever

Go to End

5 Posts   2707 Views

imagic

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 September 2011 at 11:23am

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with the CMS site tree. This wasn't happening last Friday, but when I logged into the CMS today, the site structure tree on the left side of the page just keeps growing larger and larger by itself, forever... (The gaps between each link keeps growing every 3 seconds or so)

It doesnt matter if I use Firefox, Chrome or Safari, it does the same thing..

Has anyone else had this problem.. ?

Have tried restoring the database to an earlier version (that worked) and also re-uploaded the CMS javascript files..

imagic

12 September 2011 at 2:54pm

Safari activity viewer shows it keep trying to load something over and over..

EditorToolbar/ImageForm?.....

imagic

16 September 2011 at 11:21am

SOLVED!

The problem was the Google Pagespeed module.

After turning it off in the CMS, the sitetree behaves normally.

You can turn it off by adding this to your .htaccess file

<IfModule pagespeed_module>
ModPagespeed off
</IfModule>

8-)

Corry

Community Member, 17 Posts

21 April 2012 at 11:57pm

I have exactly the same issue on a site after the server admin added the pagespeed module to the site.

Unfortunately, no matter where I put the .htaccess code it wouldn't work. I've tried just inside the public_html as well as the .htaccess inside the SilverStripe folder (tried both inside and outside the ### SILVERSTRIPE START/END ### block).

One thing that did work was to add "?ModPagespeed=off" to the end of the /admin/ URL.

However this will be an annoying thing for non IT people to have to remember to do - especially since it has to be added after clicking on 'Files & Images' or any Model Admin areas.

Two questions:
1) Is there an error I'm likely to be making on where I put the <IfModule pagespeed_module> code?
OR
2) Is there a way I can make "?ModPagespeed=off" built in somehow so that people don't need to keep adding it?

obj63mc

Community Member, 25 Posts

8 August 2012 at 1:14pm

Hi All,

I was able to solve this with a hack at least for silverstripe 3.x Attached are two js files. One is a jquery plugin that will read the query string paramater and the other is some code that checks for ?ModPagespeed=off if not there it will refresh the page with that. Then all other clicks in the cms work just fine as all the pages are generated via ajax requests.

Also lastly you just have to include these in the cms so simply add the following in your _config.php file -
LeftAndMain::require_javascript('mysite/javascript/getParameterByName.js');
LeftAndMain::require_javascript('mysite/javascript/modpagespeed.js');

you will want to update the location of the js files to where ever you have them stored.

I would like to hear back from the SS crew on ways to make this work automatically with out this hack.

Anyways hope this can help.

Attached Files