Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Weird anomaly....

Go to End

14 Posts   2093 Views

wilsonStaff

Community Member, 143 Posts

27 September 2011 at 2:52pm

Edited: 27/09/2011 2:53pm

Look at the image below.

ON LEFT: from the CMS Upload Image section, you can see sub Folders (Gallery, etc....)
ON RIGHT: the /upload folder seen from the FTP Client (no sign of any gallery folder....!!!)

I cant delete these folders using CMS (server error), and as i dont see them with the FTP Client, i cant either!

I cant load images as well into the /uploads and insert them in pages.

I can see the files are into uploads btn when i try to see them, it says: Servwr Error 500.

I tried deleting the Silverstripe-cache to force SS to re-read itself. No use.

I might add that at some point i TRIED to install the Gallery Image module, which miserably failed.....

Thanks!

Attached Files
sheadawson

Community Member, 49 Posts

27 September 2011 at 3:40pm

Sounds like the database records for the folders exists, but not the actual folders themselves. In the assets section of the CMS (as seen in your screenshot), have you tried clicking the 'look for new files' button? This will bring the database back inline with what files / folders actually exist.

wilsonStaff

27 September 2011 at 3:48pm

Edited: 27/09/2011 3:49pm

Problem is that: I DONT WANT THEM (gallery folders). I want to delete them, as i suspect that there is a conflict somewhere. I cant use the upload function at all. The problem is with THAT precise site, other sites i did with SS can use /upload CMS without a hitch.

As i said, i tried to install the Gallery Image module along Uploadify but ended up deleting them because they werent working at all.

The CMS seems to remember some part of it, andf they amy be conflincting with the uploads even deleting all of the Image Gallery related items and doing a dev/build.

- - -

??

Thanks!

sheadawson

Community Member, 49 Posts

27 September 2011 at 4:28pm

I know you don't want them. 'look for new files' will re-sync the file database with your assets directory. If it finds records of files or folders that don't actually exist it will remove / clean them up, not add them again. If that doesn't work you might want to have a look at the File table in the database, you will see all the file and folder records there and you can delete the unwanted image gallery ones.

wilsonStaff

28 September 2011 at 1:58am

Edited: 28/09/2011 2:37am

OK, the "Look for new files" had the ghost folders disapear, but.... i still cant upload images:

- neither using the upload image (at the right of the CMS)
or
- using the proprietary Files Manager for /assets.

It loads the images but cant display them. I can "see" the thumbnails files:

- but once inserted, displays a broken icon
and
- if i use the FIles Manager, i can see the images listed, but when i click on the name to visualize them, it says Server Error 500.

I might add that if:

- i place the image manually (using an FTP Client) into the /assets/upload folder
and
- if i code it using the HMTL window of the content editor

It works fine.

Which lead me to think that the SS Upload function is somehow the culprit.

- - -

????

Thaks for helping.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

28 September 2011 at 2:45am

Are you sure you have sufficient rights on your assets folder?

wilsonStaff

28 September 2011 at 2:50am

I am the administrator. Full administrator rights...

As i said, its not the image, as i can upload via FTP and insert them via TinyCME HTML editor. Works fine but not very convenient for end user....

So it must be related to the upload processus.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

28 September 2011 at 5:15am

That's not exactly what I meant :-) I was refering to the read/write rights on your assets directory on the server - not your SilverStripe admin account...

Go to Top