Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

*Resolved* Date field causing CMS lock (loop) during tutorial 2

Go to End

mickeyangelo

Community Member, 1 Post

4 October 2011 at 10:56pm

Edited: 16/10/2011 3:23pm

Update - this was a MAMP issue with multiple servers conflicting. resolution fully not known, had used terminal to check duplicates.

original post:

Hi, newbie to the CMS side of things, have followed the tutorial to the book (as to say) for tutorial two, but getting a loop in the CMS.

I have created an Article holder, Article page, and in the CMS put some dummie data in, including the WYSIWYG fields Date, and Author.

If I don't add info into the two new fields, can save okay, and if I add author, save is good, however, adding any content into the date field, whether it is by the initial coding from the tutorial, or the advanced where it gives you hint, calendar and autofill, both of them seize.
I'm believing it's not the code, as it is all what is written, so I am thinking I need to check if something else has been set differently.

bearing in mind, I have only worked up to 'Adding date and author fields' and have tried 'Modifing the date field' on the tutorial, what else should i look at. eg. is there a live-log i can monitor when i click to save?

thanks,
James