Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Requirements not loading

Go to End

4 Posts   954 Views


Community Member, 52 Posts

17 October 2011 at 10:52pm

ok so i have been scratching my head over this for awhile, i am trying to get colorbox working within a dataobject and i'm really not sure whats going wrong it all works up to the point where i click on the image to view it.
so far the only reason i can see for it not working is that 2 of the required javascript and css files for colorbox; are not loading the 3rd and a custom script are loading?
i have checked the paths etc and these are all correct, if i type in the full path eg Http://blah/blahblah/etc the files load but don't work.


Community Member, 38 Posts

18 October 2011 at 2:15am

I use colorbox a lot and have no problems with it.

I load the files with:


The colorbox css file is in /themes/theme_name/css/ and the js file in /themes/theme_name/js/.

The image files I put in /themes/theme_name/images/colorbox/.

Then I search and replace url(images/ with url(../images/colorbox/ in the colorbox.css file.


Community Member, 31 Posts

18 October 2011 at 1:14pm

I had a similar problem with Colorbox. The solution for me was to add a no conflict line at the beginning of the Colorbox js file:

jQ = jQuery.noConflict();

I then changed all the $ to jQ (although not the $ in the regular expressions) and it worked fine after that. You need to make sure you call jQuery before Colorbox as well in your _config.php.


Community Member, 52 Posts

18 October 2011 at 3:34pm

Hi and Thanks for the replies

Fullwebservice - your reply helped a great deal, thanks i finaly got it working using your solution after messing around a little.
after i got the files loading using your method it still wasn't working a little more searching and i found i also had the requirements loading in the wrong order ... overall i am stoked to get this going although i am wanting to make this into a module so i will have to play around a little more, at least now i know it works as i had envisiged .. thank you.

Sticks - thank you for your reply, i did see a thread ( may have been yours) regarding this when i was trouble shooting after i got the Requirements to load i thought too this may have been an issue as it turns out i just needed to have the requirements load in the correct order, i still have the $ in the code and it works fine.

so once again thank you for your help