Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How do I change Header Text

Go to End

4 Posts   2655 Views

PatrickBrannigan

Community Member, 2 Posts

21 January 2012 at 1:52pm

Edited: 21/01/2012 2:33pm

Hi Guys, I have installed Silverstripe at www.best-cms.net that went well, then worked out how to change themes. Now for a really dumb question. How do i change the header text. (Gecko 0.9.2 your site's tagline here) The doesn't appear to be a settings Directory or Setup Directory. Would you help me out please. Patrick

I have also noticed when i put a lot of text on the page, it separates the body from the footer. can you tell me where to adjust this. Thanks for your help.

Loopy

Community Member, 20 Posts

21 January 2012 at 2:32pm

I played around with the olivesunset theme for a bit and found that the header text was coded into the page.ss file. You can find it in templates folder. I think a lot of themes are based on modifying the original Black Candy theme so should be the same.

PatrickBrannigan

Community Member, 2 Posts

21 January 2012 at 2:41pm

Edited: 22/01/2012 12:20pm

You are a Legend Loopy. Thank You. What about the other hiccup I have with the body and the footer separating. Thanks again.

I have found the body separating issue to be browser problem it works fine in IE but not in Firefox or Chrome. I will keep workin on it.

Plato Creative

Community Member, 26 Posts

24 January 2012 at 10:32am

Edited: 24/01/2012 10:34am

Click the globe atop the Site Tree (in the Pages section of the CMS, click the very first element).
This is the SiteConfig, stuff like the site name can be changed here.

http://userhelp.silverstripe.org/for-website-content-editors/creating-and-editing-content/

If this does not change the bit you want, you're probably using an old theme developed before this feature was added (in 2.4). In which case it will be hardcoded as Loopy said.