Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

filtering Dataobject ::get for a CheckboxSetField

Go to End

3 Posts   820 Views

woodb2

Community Member, 48 Posts

10 February 2012 at 3:43am

I currently have 2 Dataobjects, "Classroom" and "Students". In Classroom, I currently have a working CheckboxsetField that lets me add students to it by getting the names of the students from the Students Dataobject:

$studentlist = DataObject::get("Students");
$mapstudents = $studentlist ? $mapstudents = $studentlist->toDropdownMap('ID','Title') : array();
$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Main', new CheckboxsetField('App','Apps', $mapstudents));

Since I have a 1:n relation established, each student can only be in 1 classroom (which is what I want). The problem is the CheckboxsetField always shows every student. If I create a new classroom record and select a student that was already in another class, that student is moved to the new record and remove from the previous class.

What I want to happen is the Checkboxset to only show students that haven't been assigned to a classroom.

Any help would be appreciated,
Brian

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

10 February 2012 at 1:49pm

Edited: 10/02/2012 1:50pm

If you set uo Student to have

static $has_one= array('Classroom' => 'Classroom');

You could do something like

DataObject::get('Student', 'ClassroomID' = '0' or is null 'ClassroomID');

woodb2

Community Member, 48 Posts

11 February 2012 at 2:35am

Thanks, worked perfectly! I need to get in the practice of looking at the tables a little more ( phpmyadmin or DBplumber). I forgot about the classroomID column being created because of the $has_one. I didn't realize that I had something I could filter on that easily. Thanks again!!